After lengthy discussion the council made the decision to return to online worship only due to the high and increasing positivity rate in the county. This means that all small groups meeting in the building are suspended as well. We will return to in person worship and meetings when the positivity rate of Grundy County drops below 15% and stays below 15% for two consecutive weeks. Once that is met we will return to in-person worship–returning to online only if the positivity rate hits 15% or higher. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. This was not an easy conversation to have, but for the sake of you all we decided that this was the best course of action!
Throughout history, Matthew’s gospel has played a prominent role in Christian worship and practice and to this day it retains a central place in most people’s experiences of the New Testament and the Christian faith.
Pastor Lisa will begin an eight-week bible study on October 19th at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom to explore:
- October 19 – The Birth of the Messiah
- October 26 – This is my Son, the Beloved
- November 2 – You are the Salt of the Earth
- November 9 – You of Little Faith
- November 16 – Who do You Say that I Am?
- November 23 – Where Two or Three are Gathered in My Name
- November 30 – My God, My God, Why have you Forsaken Me?
- December 7 – I Am with You Always.
Please contact the church office at 319-989-2065 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you plan to attend so you will be sent the Zoom link. The deadline to notify the church is Monday, October 12th.
All face-to-face Fredsville Lutheran Church worship services and activities are cancelled or postponed until further notice. Nevertheless, it is important that we continue to be a church community, reaching out and preaching God’s word.
Virtual worship services are posted weekly on the Fredsville Lutheran Church Videos YouTube Channel. During Advent, daily video devotions will also be posted there.
Check the Fredsville Evangelical Lutheran Church Facebook Page for frequent announcements, devotions, trivia, video recommendations, and other content from the church.
- Wine @ Nine: On Thursdays at 9 p.m., ladies of the congregation are invited to grab a glass of wine (or other beverage of choice) and join Pastor Lisa for some time to touch base.
- Matthew Bible Study: Pastor Lisa is hosting a Bible study on the book of Matthew on Monday evenings.
- Book Study: Intern Andy will be leading a book study starting on November 24.
As always, if you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com, send a message to Fredsville on Facebook, or call the church at (319) 989-2065. Although you might not be able to reach someone physically in the office, we are checking voicemail and will get back to you as soon as possible.